Napa Valley Grapegrowers, an organization of those who produce the premier fruit from which some of the world’s finest wines are derived, will hold its annual Harvest Press Conference at Odette Estate!
A panel of grapegrowers and viticulturists, from various Napa Valley appellations, will discuss the upcoming grape harvest in Napa County. Topics will include the potential of the exceptional growing season on the size and quality of this year’s crop, grape prices, labor supply, and the effects of the economy on grapegrowers.
Watch on ToutSuite and tweet your questions to @NVGrapegrowers to be answered live!
• Jon Ruel - Napa Valley Grapegrowers (NVG) President; COO, Trefethen Family Vineyards
• Amy Warnock - NVG Member; Viticulturalist, Stagecoach Vineyard
• John Conover - NVG Board of Directors; General Manager, PlumpJack, CADE and Odette
• John Wilkinson - NVG Marketing & Communications Committee Chair; Owner, Wilkinson Family Vineyards; Owner, Bin to Bottle
• 2012 weather summary and its effect on the vintage
• Size, quality and pricing of the 2012 crop
• How the industry is replanting for the next era in winegrowing
• The evolving economy of grapegrowing
• Farmworker education and labor situation
• Furthering quality and technology with innovation, including a demonstration of NDVI mapping and remote sensing plus the use of weather stations and resulting data